Problem with Green Photos.

smart81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i am new in the digital photography world and i have a Pentax Optio S10. This month i saw that some photos i took was damaged with a green artefact like the one i have here:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Well, i would like to know: Is it a problem with my SD card, my camera or maybe i did something wrong? Is it possible to fix it and how?

Thank you!

Could be either. Try a different card. If still the same, time to send the camera back.

Only other thought - There isn't something falling in front of the lens is there?

Dude, host the file anywhere other than rapidshare.

Do you want to upload it somewhere you don't have to download the file? Smugmug flickr photobucket etc?

Do you want to upload it somewhere you don't have to download the file? Smugmug flickr photobucket etc?

Yes, that would be nice! Thank you!

this is the picture for who that want to see it without downloading and all those shenanigans..

4076782064_90f49eac6c_b.jpg

Yes, that would be nice! Thank you!

btw, he was tellign you to, not suggesting to do it for you :p

Thanks for the answers!!!
I'll try a different card as you said...
But, is not possible to have this artefact from the light of the place i took the photo?

How'd you get on with a different card, it looks like data corruption to me and make me think it's either the card or something wrong with the reader/writer part of the camera. The card is the easiest to try. If you take the camera to a camera store (not Walmart or any other box shifter) they'll probably let you try a card in store and maybe have some other suggestions to try.

btw, he was tellign you to, not suggesting to do it for you :p

Ooops,sorry...

Well, The strange think is that in the camera's lcd screen i can see the photo without the artefact.

If i use zoom (x1.3 or more) i get this problem.
If i copy the photo to pc i also get the artefact.

Also i can't see the artefact when i have the camera connected to a tv set.

My problem is not very big right now because only a few of my photos is corrupted like this... and I hope that my camera is not damaged because i have no warranty...

I'll try to go to a photo shop like you said.

Thank you all for the help!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back