Processing Thoughts

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I apologize for posting a photo twice. I would have used the original thread, but I wanted the image to be viewed on its own first, then perhaps in comparison to the original version. This is a more targeted edit than the original picture, but I'm not sure if it's overdone, or what I could have done differently. Thoughts, please?

Mt. Adams Star Trails Edit by RxForB3, on Flickr

I think I wish for more of a line that at least shows where the lake begins in the black that is the trees. Otherwise it's gorgeous!

I looked further in your flickr. The one titled Mt Adams stars you have caught a bit of the Aurora Borealis in as well.

Someone else suggested that that's what I had done, but I'm not really quite sure how. There wasn't particularly any increased activity that night that I was aware of, and I was facing roughly east (maybe even a bit south-east). That one as well as this was shot with the 5d3 and Rokinon 14mm. I think you may have convinced me to keep it. I'll try to convince Amazon to get me one of the kit lens for the appropriate kit price in exchange for not returning the camera (rather than returning, then buying a new 5d3 kit), and return the Rokinon until I sell some of the things I plan to sell, then get the Rokinon 24mm.

That 5d3 is what I am DROOLING over right now. I have to wait till the beginning of the year when I know what my extra is in my tax account (I always put away extra and give myself a bonus at the end of the year.) It's KILLING ME!!!

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion. I think boosting the exposure of the lake would solve that problem. Now I wish I had masked the sky and lake separately :) Does the mountain seem natural to you? That's the part I'm really not sure about. But that's after looking at the original for quite some time, so of course it looks different to me (hence wanting to separate the original from the edit in this post).

Not to put fuel on your fire, but both Amazon and Best Buy have finance offers. Amazon is 12 months and Best Buy is 18. I went with Amazon simply because of my credit limit on the Best Buy card :) I'm planning to chunk in some bonus tax moneys to pay for this as well, but I'm hoping to pay for most of it without the refund by selling things. Don't suppose you'd be interested in a Hammond A100 organ??

Most reactions

Back