Program or process suggestion for dealing with Fuji RAF files

CaptainNapalm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently picked up a Fujifilm XE2 with a few lenses and have been really enjoying the system. I do however have an issue in dealing with Fujifilm's RAW (fuji calls them RAF) files. It seems that neither PSE or Lightroom can recognize/handle these files, both of which are programs I own.

From what I read, I realize this is a widespread issue and that Adobe has not yet released an update to recognize these files. I was just curious what everyone else is using when it comes to working with Fuji RAF files. I have built my extensive photo collection into Lightroom already so I would really like to continue working with this software. Is there a program that someone can recommend that would convert the RAF files into something I can work with in Lightroom without any or much data loss?

Any suggestions on workflow or how to handle these files best would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Recently picked up a Fujifilm XE2 with a few lenses and have been really enjoying the system. I do however have an issue in dealing with Fujifilm's RAW (fuji calls them RAF) files. It seems that neither PSE or Lightroom can recognize/handle these files, both of which are programs I own.

From what I read, I realize this is a widespread issue and that Adobe has not yet released an update to recognize these files. I was just curious what everyone else is using when it comes to working with Fuji RAF files. I have built my extensive photo collection into Lightroom already so I would really like to continue working with this software. Is there a program that someone can recommend that would convert the RAF files into something I can work with in Lightroom without any or much data loss?

Any suggestions on workflow or how to handle these files best would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The current versions of ACR in PSE and LR both read and process Fuji RAF raw files including the X-E2. You need to update your software.

There is another issue that you'll potentially have to deal with once you get the updates done. The Fuji X-Trans filter array isn't a standard Bayer array and requires special demosaicing. Adobe's demosaicing of X-Trans raw files has a lot of photographers less than satisfied. There are concerns with the rendition of fine detail. Something to read: Fuji X-Trans RAW Processing. I'm using an X-E2 and prefer to process my RAF files using PhotoNinja which can be used as a plugin with LR.

Joe

what about using the software that came with the camera, it should handle those files with ease?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back