TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tsnakephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC2051_copy.JPG
DSC2048_copy.JPG

They look a tad underexposed and the color just isn't popping for me.

I disagree on the exposure and pop, but the red dress and yellow flowers seem to clash, and the girl's face was over pp'd.

I agree with you both ... I think the image seems a little underexposed, it needs a little life. I'd also have preferred a different background, even all green would have been more complimentary of the red dress.

I actually like the exposure. It has just the right saturation, and the skin tones are, to me, outstanding.

Overall, I think they are great portraits. A beautiful girl with both a beautiful smile and hair, and the perfect dress.

They look a tad underexposed and the color just isn't popping for me.
I agree. I had everything metered for the sunlight that was shinning down.
I only had a mere 5 minutes to get these off. The subject is my daughter and she was in this huge hurry. So, she comes out after I'd set up the tripod, Ring Flash and fill flash strobe (was depending on the sun for back ligting and ambient light) ...and poof! A cloud takes my sun.

The backround was also a gamble. I didnt know what she was wearing until she popped out of the bathroom and came out to the back yard. The rhodies were nice looking by themselves, so I thought...cool.
All in all, it was a quick and dirty shoot. I only got 6 shots off before she scooted out for the night. One of them was a pic with her eyes closed.
Her face wasnt photoshopped at all though. I use Elements, and usually just adjust the histogram, white balance and do a tad of Unsharpen Mask. Usually I set the pixels at .3, and the percentage at 50%.
If the shot is framed in the camera I dont even crop. Her face has zero flaws on it, not one zit, so photoshopping is unnecessary. But I am kicking myself on the exposure.

I probably could have stopped it up to f8. The combo was 60/1000, f10, ISO 200. Shot with D700, and an 85mm 1.4.
Given enough time to troubleshoot the scenario I could have done better, but when you're dealing with a panicy, emotional, and running late teenager, the scene was difficult.

Honestly, shouldnt have posted these, but I want to start having my work critiqued, and have to start somewhere.

We are going to do her senior pics soon, so I should have some better images to post then.

Last edited:
Not sure if I have been able to save these pics, but a valiant try at pp might have done some improvement, or not.
You be the judge.
I hate messing with pics, and truly believe in getting it right in the camera first. But sometime ya gotta try.

Kristina_Prom_Pic.jpg

Man, looking at this online, I'm not pleased. Dont know if it's the browser but now she looks yellow. Crap. Shoulda backed down the saturation a bit on that layer.
Oh well, moving along now.

Most reactions

Back