What's new

Proper use of Vignettes? Please help.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
949
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first photo is from an event yesterday. I do not like the visible windows to the left and to the right of the tree and was hoping to somehow eliminate them with a vignette?

I have never used a vignette before but I did a couple examples to see what others think.

Comments/suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking.

1. Original

6453345379_d163660b9b.jpg
[/URL] Taylor Katelyn no Vignette (1 of 1) by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]


2. Vignette 1

6453345785_703134cffc.jpg
[/URL] Taylor Katelyn White Vignette (1 of 1) by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]


3. Vignette 2

6453346101_156ec6dfa6.jpg
[/URL] Taylor Katelyn White Vignette Round (1 of 1) by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Awesome! Wasn't the weather just perfect!
 
Awesome! Wasn't the weather just perfect!

It was really nice. Got a bit chilly and windy one day but can't complain. Only downside was Texas beating TAMU, but you probably cheer for the T-sips anyway. :er:

At least my Cowboys won!
 
bump
 
1 is definitely better.
 
there is no proper way to use vignette. The proper thing to do would be to use this technique to remove vignette when it occurs and not add it. i think this makes your photo look worse and very amateur. I say this because my friends wife does this to all her stupid facebook pics and ruins perfectly good photos as a result.
 
I've never ever ever ever ever been a fan of white vignette.

With that being said, I prefer more realistic looking vignette if any at all. Adding a soft black vignette to simulate light falloff on the edge of a frame is fine when used well. These just look like they were picnik'd. However, for this photo, I wouldn't suggest the use of any vignette. Contextually and aesthetically it just doesn't work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom