PSE6 DOESNT HAVE ACTIONS?!?

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From what I have read...Photoshop Elements 6 does not have an actions thingy...so you cant record your own actions! AHHHH!!!

And almost all of those actions out there (ones for Elements...free or ones you pay for) aren't supported by PSE6! I have found a few...but I need to be able to do my OWN!

I think Im going to pull my hair out!

And of course I didnt know this until after I installed the software, so I cant take it back because the box is open! ARG!

Why oh why did they take actions out for this version!

:banghead:

i asked myself that same exact question
it pissed me off too hahah

OK...so I can use any actions I find that are for Elements 5 on my version as long as I change the file extention and place them in the effects folder myself. OK...got that.

Now I just have to find actions that I can actaully use. Most of what I have seen are kinda dumb....lol...like making your photo into a sketch or something like that. ;)

Can someone please explain actions to me, I am relatively new to the whole digital darkroom, I use picnik. They have a 'boost' selection, is that an action?
I am just very confused about the whole editing thing. Do you have to use photoshop to get seriously good results, does anyone use picnik? Thanks for all help!

From what I hear there are quite a few 3rd party addons and freedownloads that can add features to elements 6 which are not included.
As you are clearly searching for this stuff have the only one I went out to find - the layermask - appeares so many times in guides and is a really good addon

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselements/qt/layermasktool.htm

Can someone please explain actions to me, I am relatively new to the whole digital darkroom, I use picnik. They have a 'boost' selection, is that an action?
I am just very confused about the whole editing thing. Do you have to use photoshop to get seriously good results, does anyone use picnik? Thanks for all help!

Actions are a way to "record" every change you make to a file, and then to be able to "play" it back on a different file, thereby applying all of the changes or "actions" to that and other files.

One of the most useful ways I use Actions for is changing the image size. Say I took 50 shots and I want to scale them all down to an emailable size or web-friendly size (while still retaining the original file sizes), rather than go into the Image menu on every file, I make all the edits to the 1st file, record them, and then apply them to all the shots by quickly clicking the Play button on each file. I can then scale 50 shots down in about a minute.

Edit - I have never heard of or used "picnik" so I have no idea what the boost selection is, can't help ya there.

Yeah this is why I bit the bullet and bought cs3 a few months back. I now have a copy of pse5 and a $30 book that I do not use. :meh:

Most reactions

Back