🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

Pseudoscorpions

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Them scorpion things are cute little beggars.

I really like the positioning and pose of the second. They are very small too if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks they were small about 2-4 mm long.

It's really amazing just how diverse our world is, isn't it? Do you know the primary use for those pincers? Are they defensive or just used for moving things? Good set.

Aye, although I don't think I have ever knowingly seen one, that's the kind of size I assumed them to be.

Aye, although I don't think I have ever knowingly seen one, that's the kind of size I assumed them to be.
Normally you find them hiding away under pieces of wood or in leaf litter - this was a lucky day.

I shall have to have a look next time I'm out with the Macro lens. Are they skittish?
They can be. I leave pieces of wood in the garden to make it easier to find them.
Ideally this should be
a) near somewhere you can sit down to make it more comfortable
b) out of sight of the wife
c) enough pieces of wood so that you only occasionally look under them.
Not as easy as it sounds

Normally you find them hiding away under pieces of wood or in leaf litter - this was a lucky day.

What part of the world? I've never seen one before even as a kid in NY when bug-hunting was a common activity.
This was from the UK but I am sure they are in the US see
Search: USA pseudoscorpion | Flickr

They are very small.

I shall have to have a look next time I'm out with the Macro lens. Are they skittish?
They can be. I leave pieces of wood in the garden to make it easier to find them.
Ideally this should be
a) near somewhere you can sit down to make it more comfortable
b) out of sight of the wife
c) enough pieces of wood so that you only occasionally look under them.
Not as easy as it sounds

Any excuse to be out of sight of the wife will do for me.

But sadly she doesn't like macro photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back