Psychedelic Bubble Soap Photography

Jens Heidler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone
Quick and simple macro photography tutorial you can try yourself at home. I took psychedelic images with water and soap. Using water, dish soap, a tripod, a bright light, a glass and a macro lens you can take colorful images by yourself. I am working on a second part focussing on quite similar images taken with a flash getting even greater and sharper results.
Have you ever tried to captures those images? Which settings and setup did you try?

_DSC2655_ADJUSTED_SPOTTED_V2_crop_1000x_V2 copy.jpg
2-litre Pepsi bottle label, Pyrex baking dish, dish soap, water, flash, dish propped up on books on table, 180mm w extension tube, f/4.5,

Last edited:
Far out Derrel! Groovy!

View attachment 185082 2-litre Pepsi bottle label, Pyrex baking dish, dish soap, water, flash, dish propped up on books on table, 180mm w extension tube, f/4.5,

That's a bad picture. Those deep .... dark memories of hand washing dishes are beginning to resurface .... hands beginning to tremble .... eye twitching. Must look away .... :rolleyes:

lol! Real nice pic, Derrel! Very creative. I'm going to have to give some of this creative macro stuff a try, it looks too much like fun and I can't resist!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back