Public Footpath

Boyun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
200mm @ F/8 1/2500s ISO640

297373_10150318611813457_512078456_8209882_1718647419_n.jpg

The photo should tell a story and I failed in telling you. Since you don't get it, that is my fault. At least, I get your feed back. I am thankful. The story is in sign and in plain English. Should I expect everybody to understand my story and the meanings behind the story?

The story is facepalm lol. I get it :p

Well, then, your story is boring.

Perhaps it is a local story, and it started in 14 October 1066. Duke William II of Normandy............... No wonder you don't get the story.

My dear sister passed away, in Kent, on 14 October 2011. She had her own battle....

Sorry or your loss.

To everyone else, it's a post and placard.

The Battle of Hastings - 14 October 1066

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrice had some good advice. You probably should have just said "thank you" rather than getting defensive. Granted "the photo should tell a story" is a bit vague. But it should get you thinking about what that story might be. You answered the question with your photo, instead of asking one. It's a post, with a sign on it. Had there been a path in the background drawing the viewers' attention out of frame, we would have been left wondering: "Where does Saxon Shore Way end up?"

Pick a great photo that invokes something in you. Ask yourself why you like it, what you get from it. An Ansel Adams, to be cliche. Pick any of his pieces and you get a story. His perspective tells you that he worked his butt off to get to where he captured the image from. The expanse of the image itself makes you imagine yourself somewhere you know you can't get to very easily. You appreciate the view, and you want more - you want to be able to turn your head, or look in closer to see what else you're missing. This is why composition is so important. It's all about perspective and where you're leading the viewers' eyes and minds.

Dakkon76. Life inspired me to take the photo. I understand, the photo is a piece. If I were doing my job as the artist, it would excite you, as a viewer, in your own way and tell your own story. Some viewers have positive reactions, negative reactions and some have none. That is art. I am glad that Patrice, Bitter Jeweler and yourself have reactions and commented to my post. My position as the author of the piece, I can say, what you suggested would have enhanced your understanding of the story, but would distract from my feelings. In one of my previous posts, I have suggested the state of mind.

Last edited:
I'm in the mood for some Cage the Elephant. Great group.

♫ So it goes in one ear and right out the other ♫
♫ People talking sh*t but you know I never bother ♫
♫ It goes in one ear and right out the other ♫
♫ People talking sh*t, they can kiss the back of my hand ♫

... the difference is, they know what they're doing.

Most reactions

Back