What's new

Pulling you in...

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
36
Location
Dallas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cocoa beach FL.
done3752.jpg
 
Try to not put the horizon right in the middle.
 
I agree with the above comment most of the time. But i think it works well here. Excellent symmetry and nice PP.
 
I might have a look at taking a bit off the top, but I still like this one.

TBH, another 10-20 minutes later, you probably would've gotten an excellent sunset. Yep, the sun would be below the horizon, but the colors in the sky would likely have been spectaclular bouncing off the clouds..
 
I think the wave break at the bottom of the frame takes the attention off the position of the horizon. I actually did not even notice it was dead center until Light Guru pointed it out, so it must work!
 
Really nice shot, but you can also get some amazing shots about 15 minutes after the sunset like they said because the reds and oranges really come out then. What did you do for post processing exactly? Im curious as to what i should do to some of my pictures that are similar to this one.
 
I might have a look at taking a bit off the top, but I still like this one.

TBH, another 10-20 minutes later, you probably would've gotten an excellent sunset. Yep, the sun would be below the horizon, but the colors in the sky would likely have been spectaclular bouncing off the clouds..

This was actually a sunrise. I have images before the actual sunrise I will have to go back and look at them.

As far as pp I did some color saturation, exposure bump, contrast and sharpening.

Thanks everone for the comments and advice.
 
Hardrock, may I post an edit? A crop really, not an edit.
 
Bitter I really like the pano feel to it very nice! Thanks!
 
My thoughts are that it would have better if you had positioned the horizon 2/3 up the frame and the waterline 1/3 up (basically like how bitter has cropped it, except by pointing the camera down slightly to include a bit more beach).

The other thing is that the blur on the wave break is sort of in the middle for me - I would like to see it either much more blurred (longer shutter speed) or completely sharp. The way it is at the moment with only a little bit of movement blur, sort of just gives an out-of-focus look to it... My 2c anyway.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom