Purchasing a canon t3...advice?

So, since there's no spot metering, does that mean I cant do silhouettes?
Just because I dont want to spend 700 on my first dslr doesnt mean I don't know what im doing.
The T3 is capable of shooting a silhoette. If all else fails, bracket your exposures and chimp. Pixels are cheap.

How in the heck did I ever shoot a silhouette with my old Pentax K1000?

Just because I dont want to spend 700 on my first dslr doesnt mean I don't know what im doing.
The T3 is capable of shooting a silhoette. If all else fails, bracket your exposures and chimp. Pixels are cheap.

How in the heck did I ever shoot a silhouette with my old Pentax K1000?

That's what I figured. That's what I did with my Rebel XS 35mm before I figured out it can spot meter

Unless you're planning dropping at least $3k on glass, I would put weddings on the back burner for the time being. The T3 with no supplementary flash and mostly kit glass with the exception of "the f/1.4" that your buddy lent/gave you would not be anywhere near adequate to shoot a wedding. You really would want a full frame camera too.

This.
Jusy to reiterate what I said.
this.

If you don't know the answer to this question, you shouldn't be charging $200 per shoot.

If you don't know the answer to this question, you shouldn't be charging $200 per shoot.

I dont use spot metering for my silhouettes so....its never really been a relevant term to me. I prefer bracketing. Also, I dont make the prices, my boss does.

Unless you're planning dropping at least $3k on glass, I would put weddings on the back burner for the time being. The T3 with no supplementary flash and mostly kit glass with the exception of "the f/1.4" that your buddy lent/gave you would not be anywhere near adequate to shoot a wedding. You really would want a full frame camera too.

This.
Jusy to reiterate what I said.
this.

I get it. Im getting the t3 anyways and ill just use it for the in studio or outdoors shoots. Then ill move up to weddings when I have the proper resources

I dont use spot metering for my silhouettes so....its never really been a relevant term to me. I prefer bracketing. Also, I dont make the prices, my boss does.

Bracketing and spot metering are totally different things. If you're bringing home $200 a shoot and don't know simple camera terms and modes, you should read up heavily before the next time you shoot. Regardless of that, under no circumstances should you ever shoot a wedding with a t3 and kit glass.

Bracketing and spot metering are totally different things. If you're bringing home $200 a shoot and don't know simple camera terms and modes, you should read up heavily before the next time you shoot. Regardless of that, under no circumstances should you ever shoot a wedding with a t3 and kit glass.

I dont know about spot metering because I dont do it. Its not my thing. My work reflects why im bringing home 200 a shoot. I see it, my boss sees it and most importantly, the customer sees it. As long as the customers continue to leave me good feedback and recommend me to their friends, I think I'll be ok. Thank you though.

Also, as I previously stated, im not going to use the t3 for weddings. Im going to use it for photoshoots only. Once I save up and get enough for my second dslr, then i'll do weddings.

Yes, they are different. But both are used to produce silhouettes. As I said, I use bracketing over spot metering.

Yes, they are different. But both are used to produce silhouettes. As I said, I use bracketing over spot metering.

Not really, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Can we see some of your work? Lol

Most reactions

Back