Hello there!
They look like you've processed them in negative or something like that. Could it be?
Not really sure they can be classified as abstracts, maybe someone more into that can throw some light.
As for C&C, basically nothing's catching my eyes attention. It's like I look at the picture and 1 second later I'm wishing to look something else.
Any feeling/idea you're trying to express with the picture? Maybe that could help
It's not pure abstraction, but it is an interesting collection of colors and textures, some repeating, some not, some almost repeating. I think it would be better with the right side cropped so it's exactly 3 x 3 patches of whatever it is, encouraging one to compare and contrast them.
On the contrary, I think it would be better to have the left side also ending in the middle of the drawings... that'd give an idea of 'continuation' beyond the frame of the picture, and probably make it more strong
Both of you are right; this is not pure abstraction...it is poor abstract, rather
It was an image i caught yesterday during a fashion show, of a rack full of ornate fabrics; the low light image was grainy; so i inverted color in picasa...not a serious work... i liked your idea to crop on the other side to add continuity...