What's new

Querequeque.....C&C....Be Nice! lol

Munky

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some may already know I'm From Puerto Rico and this is a Querequeque and Endangered Species here in PR i was lucky enough to see one...they are Nocturnal ... C&C Please...
Zuiko Digital 40-150mm

1.
Querequeque.jpg


2.
MB143302.jpg



3.
MB143303.jpg



4.
MB143311.jpg



5.
1.jpg
 
Very nice shots. I love how the blending of the colors is a testament to the "whatever the hell that is" adaptability.
 
Lovely. I congratulate you on having found such rare bird, Querenqueque, lovely name for it, too (does it make a sound similar to its name?). They do hide well! Was it sitting on that egg in the first photo?

First, and last two are best focussed, and the last but one is funny in how the bird looks straight at you (and consequently at us, too ;)). Not the usual way to photograph a bird! :D
 
Great find! How did you ever spot that bird?

I bet your camera's AF had fits trying to find something on which to focus.
 
Very nice shots. I love how the blending of the colors is a testament to the "whatever the hell that is" adaptability.

LOL yeah..i uses glases but i take em off when shooting...and "lost the bird" cuz i didin't see it...while he just sat besides me LOL


Lovely. I congratulate you on having found such rare bird, Querenqueque, lovely name for it, too (does it make a sound similar to its name?). They do hide well! Was it sitting on that egg in the first photo?

First, and last two are best focussed, and the last but one is funny in how the bird looks straight at you (and consequently at us, too ;)). Not the usual way to photograph a bird! :D

Not an usual Bird either; he's nocturnal that's why on the first Shot his eyes are a bit closed; and yes he was sitting on the egg; i tripped with a rock and he moved to where i took the other shots but it's all good after i left the area he came back to his egg

Great find! How did you ever spot that bird?

I bet your camera's AF had fits trying to find something on which to focus.

i had the AF on Spot Metering which worked very well...after i found the bird which was in front of me all the time...LOL
 
What a COOL bird.

He looks a little lost in the shot, which is kinda neat in a way, but on one of them I literally couldn't find him. :lol:

I wonder if a sharpening pass would add JUST enough pop to him without affecting the out of focus parts. You might want to try.

Neat stuff.
 
hum .. I am wonder what it will look like if convert them to Black and White photos and boost the contrast.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom