question about nikon d80/lenses from this site

brycimus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now i have a Canon AE-1, and i'm looking to get a DSLR because i can't stand waiting for film (don't develop it myself) and i can't have the pictures on my computer without paying extra for each roll of film. I was looking at getting a Nikon D80, i'm not asking for your advice in which dslr to get as i'm sure that the d80 is enough camera for me right now. I am wondering whether anyone has bought anything from this site or knows anything about it. It's prices are much less than other stores, so i'm a bit curious as to why. I'm also wondering if the lenses on the site that come in these packs are nikon's own lenses or if they are third party. Some of the packs say Nikon or Tamron specifically, but the others don't say who makes the lense. Any recommendations and tips are also welcomed.

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.aspx?prodid=679296

thanks

never mind i googled the site and found out that it's a scam site

Wow, $399 for a D80 :shock:

Really, I think you're better off sticking with the well known distributors, even if you end up paying a little more. Adorama and B&H won't screw you over, or Amazon if you make sure you're getting the kit from Amazon and not one of their "supported merchants" or whatever. It's just not worth the hassle to go with one of the shady smaller sellers and end up a couple months down the road with nothing except a hole in your pocket from the "restocking fee" on the camera they never sent you.

Although for $399 on a $1000 kit, it's almost worth the risk :lol:

Oh yes I remimber that site very well..... glad you found out before you ordered. unlike me. deff. google it be for you buy from a online company.
I got my d80 from a place called one call.
good luck.

Most reactions

Back