Reaction score
Website
www.crywolfproduction.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I hope I put this in the right section if not please move post to right area
Thank you

My questions is I just learning about everything on F’s and ISO and pretty much the whole camera settings, I am trying to take picture of water drops falling from my house tab, but I can’t seem to get it to focus on the water drop it’s all burly and not in focus any help would be great.
Thank you
Crywolf

You probably won't be able to focus directly on the waterdrop as it falls, so you could try pre focusing on the spot where the drop will be. You will probably need to use a tripod or something to keep the camera in position.

I'm not sure what kind of lighting you have, but you may need a lot of light in order to get a shutter speed fast enough to freeze the movement of the water. If your shutter speed isn't fast enough, make sure that your aperture (F number) is at it's largest (smallest number) and you can also turn up the ISO to increase shutter speed.

It might help if you can post some examples, along with your shooting info and set up.

I tried and failed this exact thing many times when I first got my cam, I understood all the numbers but didn't understand how to get what I wanted.

Big Mike helped me too, I would suggest you either use a very powerful lamp or you make sure you have a bloody good bulb in the ceiling light, then you wanna setup your tripod and manually focus on the water (just let to the tap run as you focus and take a few test shots to make sure its right). Once the cam is setup and the lighting is ready make sure you apature is wide open and the camera is in burst mode.

Then its just a case of timing, you'll obv have yo use a fast shutter speed, try to get 1/250 or higher I would suggest.

Good luck to you and post you're before and after shots..... I'm tempted to give this another shot now I know what I'm on about better ^_^

Enjoy

Hey

Well would luck be on my side
I did about 25 shots and got some really good shots
This is the best.

tab3.jpg

Most reactions

Back