Questions about licensing ?????????

You may actually have an issue here, that statue may well have some rights attached to it. You might be trying to sell something you haven't got the right to sell.

Can't imagine why they want exclusivity here.

ETA: I'm gonna put this at 20% probability that it's a sting. They want you to sign a thing that says you have exclusive copyright, and accept money. Then they seriously put the boots to you.

Created by Enrico Filiberto Cerrachio in 1924 for the Women's Club of Houston, artist died in 1956. I'm not seeing any obvious "nope, no copyright issues" flags here, but obviously I am not a lawyer.

I agree with all.

But just for thought - if you try and get a "more fair price" will they abandon the deal and take their business elsewhere?

Pics are a supply and demand thing, seems to be a lot of supply going on lately unless you have such a stellar silhouette they feel they can't go past to shop elsewhere.

Is there anything in the agreement requiring you to indemnify them against any damages should it turn out that you do NOT hold the copyright as you are required to assert in the contract?

If there isn't there's something odd going on. Possibly just 'their lawyer doesn't have a clue' I suppose.

Is there anything in the agreement requiring you to indemnify them against any damages should it turn out that you do NOT hold the copyright as you are required to assert in the contract?

If there isn't there's something odd going on. Possibly just 'their lawyer doesn't have a clue' I suppose.

This deal was not wrote up by a lawyer. I am not worried about them taking their business elsewhere if it means that I do not get a suck deal and labeled the "cheap guy"

They want exclusive rights because of the name of the business. If I told you it would make sense. There are no copyright issues with the statue. I have seen stock photos of it online but no ones is as good as mine.

So now its all up to how much do they want the image. From what is available online I can see why he originally approached me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back