What's new

Rachelle and Steven ... Up to the Introductions (Picture Heavy)

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are the ones I like the best so far... still another 800 or so to go through.

Have at me!

==1==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200005%20(2).jpg


==2==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200041.jpg


==3==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200059.jpg


==4==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200066.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #2
Tryin' to take Schwetty's advice on a few of these...

==5==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200088%20bw.jpg


==6==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200133.jpg


==7==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200140.jpg


==8==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200147.jpg


Brides like this are just too easy. :)

More to come...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
==9==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200165%20bw.jpg


==10==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200171.jpg


==11==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200187.jpg


==12==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200192.jpg


More coming...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
==13==
The power of the D800 revealed... this is taken from a pic where you saw all the ladies lined up with their legs out, and yet you can CLEARLY see the writing on the garter zoome in. Crazy.
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200202.jpg


==14==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200278.jpg


==15==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200279.jpg


==16==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200440.jpg


More coming...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
==17==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200471.jpg


==18==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200548%20bw.jpg


==19==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200565.jpg


==20==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200573.jpg


more coming.....
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
==21==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200634%20(2).jpg


==22==
Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200904%20bw%20(2).jpg


That's it so far...

c/c welcome if so desired.
 
#1. You totally know what I would say right? :). Would be better if the dress was actually hanging from it... but maybe you didnt have that much time around the bride
#2. Doesnt do anything to me. I do shoot that close to show detail of the boutonniere, but if someone is putting it on, I rather include the people (even if she is blurry due to DOF)
#3. Doesnt do anything to me
#4. Same as 2

#5&6 I totally understand what you are doing man... On group shot, the chance of you to get a good photo from different angle (while you are not in control) is really slim. I say #5 worked better than #6. Very hard to get a group photo when you are not in control. This one below was shot by my 2nd shooter. She told the bride to look at her just real quick... BAM! Unfortunately she moved to a different state so I cant hire her anymore :(. I dont have many samples when I am a 2nd because usually.. I just help the main photographer pose and I dont take photos. If there are other groups I can work with just standing around waiting, I usually take a picture of them so I have a complete control. I take pictures of the flower girl and ring bearer, groomsmen, bridesmaids, etc. I almost never shoot a big group shot when the main is shooting.

p258951416-4.jpg


#7. Unfortunately she was facing the main photographer straight up. So this one just totally look she is posing for someone else. It is still better than if you are shooting next to the main though. Look at #11, this kind of pose is better when you shoot from a different angle.. does that make sense?

#8. Pretty good candid. The angle of the face isnt as good. Kinda hard to see her chin so it looks like she has no chin. Trust me... women spot this kind of stuff like a hawk.

#9. not bad

#10-12.. that is good you are taking them from completely different angle.. but I am afraid you forgot to look at where the sun is coming from. I would have gone to the other side so you are shooting the shadow side of the subject.

#13. A little cold

#14. Nice
#15. Not as nice as 14. Using #15 with #14 back to back doesnt make the set any stronger... I wouldnt show #15
#16. Eyes are wandering all over the place. Here is another trick I do. Just go ahead and frame it... dont shoot. Just before the main photographer stop this pose you say... one quick one guys! Look over here! SNAP SNAP. It doesnt bother me when my 2nd do that. And the main photographers I have shot with seem to be OK with that. I have a feeling the main shooter has exactly the same shot anyway. What I usually do.. go to the extreme. Put the cam almost on the ground. I do understand what you are trying to do with the reflection. It is nice. The wondering eyes ruined it for me. If the eyes werent all over the place, I probably clone out the depth indicator in the middle of the pool wall.

If what I said about main shooter has the exact same shot is true, you should avoid shooting photos like this because the main wont use it anyway. It is a typical shot by someone who does it just to build their portfolio instead of helping the main (not saying you are, just saying the main may think so if he/she keep seeing shots like this).

17. Same as #6.
18. The shadow kinda bothers me a little on her face. Good capture though. I do shoot tight like this a lot.. make sure you compliment it with wider shot too. Show people staring at them while they are dancing the first time.. Does that make sense?
19, 20.. pretty good

21. Overexposed
22. I have cc'd it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom