Random shots for C&C

rheitz1 said:
#1 seems to have an almost-fake quality to it. What's up with that?

What about the image makes you say that?

Nikon D5100

I agree. Something about the colors on the tree and the hut make it seem like it's not real. Too vivid and bright in comparison with the rest of the picture. It almost makes me think of a scene from a video game or something. I think it would have helped to get a little bit more of the hut in the picture, but without a tripod it can be tough to frame in a good picture sometimes.

Right after I took the shot, I tried to get the hut in , but it was not working with the lens I had with me...

#1 seems to have an almost-fake quality to it. What's up with that?

I have to agree. If you're into CG, then so be it, but it just doesn't do it for me. The moon is way overexposed. IMO, night shots should be more moody. Expose for the moon, and get the tree and the hut in silhouette. If you had your tripod, you could've gotten a bit lower, which might've helped. Also, try opening your aperture a bit more so you can get a lower ISO/shutter speed - that will help with noise reduction.

As for #2, I think the lamp in the foreground is very distracting. All I see is a CFL. Maybe if you were on the other side of the path and sort of showed where it went? I'm not sure what exactly you were having to deal with, but the central leading line (where the path is going) is somewhat straight.

#3. I don't know exactly what it is (just looking at it) - it looks kind of like fake dragonflies. It's rad! I like that one.

All of my opinions must be taken with a grain of salt.
If you like your photos, (again) so be it. =)

I have to agree. If you're into CG, then so be it, but it just doesn't do it for me. The moon is way overexposed. IMO, night shots should be more moody. Expose for the moon, and get the tree and the hut in silhouette. If you had your tripod, you could've gotten a bit lower, which might've helped. Also, try opening your aperture a bit more so you can get a lower ISO/shutter speed - that will help with noise reduction.

Thanks...I do agree that the moon is way overexposed... I would have taken a shot to expose the moon then combined them if I had my tripod with me as well as other things...

This is the original unedited image
0437b722.jpg

As for #2, I think the lamp in the foreground is very distracting. All I see is a CFL. Maybe if you were on the other side of the path and sort of showed where it went? I'm not sure what exactly you were having to deal with, but the central leading line (where the path is going) is somewhat straight.

What is CFL?

#3. I don't know exactly what it is (just looking at it) - it looks kind of like fake dragonflies. It's rad! I like that one.

Thanks... It's a light that was hanging from this high hotel ceiling that I stayed at recently...

Yea, video-gamey is what I was thinking. In particular the fine details on the tree to the left and the cabana to the right. Also, look at the point where the water meets the coast. It looks as though its been placed there. Anyone remember Bryce 3d? It looks a little like that. Not an accusation or anything, just my opinion. ;)

I'm sorry, but #1 is either fake, or really really edited in PS

I'm sorry, but apparently there are some things about doing photography you don't understand yet.

It's a long exposure. The clouds and water are lit by moonlight, the beach, palm and hut are lit by what looks like flourescent lights (from giving the sand a green color cast) well off to camera right.

Part of the palm tree is blurred from movement of it during the exposure, likely caused by a light wind.

For me, #1 is the best of the bunch, and i would crop #3 so the light is not centered in a square image frame.

I'm sorry, but apparently there are some things about doing photography you don't understand yet.

It's a long exposure. The clouds and water are lit by moonlight, the beach, palm and hut are lit by what looks like flourescent lights (from giving the sand a green color cast) well off to camera right.

Part of the palm tree is blurred from movement of it during the exposure, likely caused by a light wind.

For me, #1 is the best of the bunch, and i would crop #3 so the light is not centered in a square image frame.

i am aware of long exposures. i used to capture star patterns/circles. in the original you can see the lights from the airplane on the top right. that makes it a bit more real.

and i said the pic looked PS'd, which it was to a certain degree.

i am aware of long exposures. i used to capture star patterns/circles. in the original you can see the lights from the airplane on the top right. that makes it a bit more real.

and i said the pic looked PS'd, which it was to a certain degree.

It's a straight shot... Just did a lil post editing (very little) to it like i said earlier.... KmH pretty much hit it the nail on the head...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back