What's new

Rate the photo above you!

ZacDaMan72

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I searched for a thread like this and while this sub-forum is for critiquing, I thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Rules:
1. The photo has to be 1 single photo of yours (obviously). Any type (wildlife, architecture etc.) can be put here.
2. You cannot rate the photo below you, but if you want to reply to your rater's comments, that's fine.
3. Have fun!


Speedshow 2014 by Zachary Ong, on Flickr​
 
How are we rating? On a scale? 1-10?

I rate this a 6.

Obviously is was done at a dealership and it more of a snapshot than a actually shoot. Other cars in the background, people etc.

There is also a strong reflection on the windshield, whether that was done on purpose or not, it bothers me. jmo

I do like the actual car though, angle, focus, everything. I just think the location ruins it.


One from the archives, that I never shared.
$14699335737_291baecac7_b.webp
 
I went through your flickr, and I think I would have given most of your pictures a 9 or even a 10.

In this one IMO there's something missing (it could just be me). The subject in the center looks strange, and putting it at the sides would create a lot of empty space. Pretty sure I'd have done a much worse job here, but I would give this a 7.

14883016421_bf33341a0f_b.jpg
 
$DSC_4534.webpI like the lighting and typically I don't like horizontal portraits(of a single person) but I think this one works. It seems a little hot on the forehead nose and right cheek. Also I think the eyes could really be emphasized with some extra work. 7/10 overall.
 
Pretty colors but the sun seems blown out. Clouds could use some more contrast as well, since there isn't anything particularly interesting in the image fore/background. I think if you waited for the sun to get a little lower it would have gotten some more colors as well. 6/10 would be my score

Boats by Matthew_Steele, on Flickr
 
I like the photo above with the fact that the 3 boats are tied up perfectly the way they are. I feel like a lower angle would have worked better. Not sure that would have even been possible though. 6/10.

GTR ZL1 Shoot (23 of 26) by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom