RAW convert to JPEG? Files?

jeljohns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After reading many posts on here I decided to start shooting in RAW. This weekend I was at a family party and I forgot to switch over to JPEG. Is there any way to easily convert RAW to JPEG and make them a good size to email to family? I'm also curious as to how others on here manage files. I installed the program that came with my Canon, but it creates a new file for each day I took pictures. I hate that. The pictures are all over the place.

So I guess I have two questions:
How to convert from RAW to JPEG?
How to you handle and manage your files?

Thanks!

The DPP program that came with your Canon will do all that.. just click on "file", scroll down to "convert and save", and it will give you a menu box to make it a JPEG, or TIFF, (or others) and you can save it to any folder you want..

I installed the program that came with my Canon, but it creates a new file for each day I took pictures. I hate that. The pictures are all over the place.

I upload the files from my SD card to my laptop using Picasa. I'm able to create and name a folder there where all my jpegs and raws are sorted together (I'm too chicken to shoot ONLY in raw :p ). Then I get out of picasa, open up the folder, create a new folder within that, and move all the raws into that. Then I have the files all sorted and it makes viewing them and finding which I want much easier. It sounds far more complicated than it really is.

And when I open up Digital Photo Professional I can navigate to the exact folder I want and work with my photos without having to search through them.

Most reactions

Back