RAW Converter/Lightroom clone -Free?

I don't shoot raw but I like to know the advantage for it for simple hobbyist if there is any. On the downloading there are 2 files, one with SSE support and one without. My qustion is what SSE stand for?

Thanks.

I dont' like it.

I find the interface clunky and it gets in the way.

I don't shoot raw but I like to know the advantage for it for simple hobbyist if there is any. On the downloading there are 2 files, one with SSE support and one without. My qustion is what SSE stand for?

Thanks.

Did I mention that it's basically Free? For all the newbies on this forum that can not afford the higher priced apps or just want to get their feet wet in RAW, this could be just the ticket! It may be clunky but it's easy. How much does Lightroom cost?

SSE support is something that helps your computer to more rapidly display images.

The reason to shoot RAW is to be able to play with your white balance and adjust exposure after the photo has been taken. It is most helpful when you can go back and fine tune your photos if you can't afford to miss the shot.

:lmao: Does anyone else think that a processor without SSE support (Pre Pentium 2) should not be used to process RAW files? :lmao:

This program really should be more refined interface wise but it's a good start.

Eh, yea... Looks pretty lame. There isn't even a mac version!

:rofl: Does anyone else think that a processor without SSE support (Pre Pentium 2) should not be used to process RAW files? :rofl:

Hahaha.... yeah well backwards compatibility isn't SUCH a bad thing! ;)

For all the newbies on this forum that can not afford the higher priced apps or just want to get their feet wet in RAW, this could be just the ticket!
Every camera that shoots RAW...will come with software to open/edit it. So any other software should shoot to be better than the included software.

I haven't had a look at this one, but I might take a peek.

I currently use RAW Shooter Essentials...which was a free program. It is great. Adobe bought them out and incorporated some of it's features into Lightroom.

Eh, yea... Looks pretty lame. There isn't even a mac version!

When someone spends weeks of effort to create a useful program with but a few interface issues and then distributes it for free on the net, lame isn't the first word that comes to mind.

Oh and glibc can be crosscompiled for apples so just because someone didn't do the hard work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work.

When someone spends weeks of effort to create a useful program with but a few interface issues and then distributes it for free on the net, lame isn't the first word that comes to mind.

Oh and glibc can be crosscompiled for apples so just because someone didn't do the hard work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Amen.

BIG THUMBS UP. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Someone just spent a lot of effort putting together something useful for FREE... sheesh. show a little respect for another person's efforts.

You can always write one yourself (not an easy task) or just buy one. Better yet, fund the fellow and pay him to add a good interface. 1 year's software engineering salary should be good enough.

:irked:

i don't know for a simple hobbyist, but it makes worrying about white balance during shooting an after thought...among other things

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back