Raw Format

If you don't want to be doing any editing...why buy a $1000+ DSLR camera? Image editing doesn't have to be heavy duty image manipulation...it might be just be a few tweaks to make your photos reach their potential. Either way, RAW is the better way to go.
You can always get a JPEG file from a RAW file...but you can't really go the other way.

Never said I didn't want to. I just said I wouldn't for some time. I'm just afraid of taking a lot more pictures and having to take the time to edit each one. I bought it because I wanted it ;) and have to start somewhere - thought it was a good choice. I don't want to have to upgrade anytime soon.

:lol:

So wrong... so funny, yet so wrong. :lol:

I don't recommend shooting in RAW+JPEG. It unnecessarily takes up card space.
If you want JPEG files, then just shoot in RAW and set up your RAW conversion software to do a batch conversion. It takes very little effort with most software.

just shoot in RAW+JPG
ya know this isn't as funny as it at first sounds. I may try it. my thought is if I shoot several shots in both RAW+JPG I can then compare them.
a) how hard is it to get the RAW image looking good and then,
b) how do they compare side by side after the adjustments.

this also lets me get the decent shots I'm currently getting and lets me have RAW images to practise with. even if you don't have a huge card you should be able to get a few shots like this for the trial run. no matter what we (us novices) really should be learning this stuff anyway.

way to give this guy the advice he was looking for...

hey, looks like every question has been answered on this forum. lets just abandon the site now and archive the **** out of it?

way to give this guy the advice he was looking for...

hey, looks like every question has been answered on this forum. lets just abandon the site now and archive the **** out of it?

Lol :lol:

I was told that if im shooting in RAW + JPEG, that I would see two of every picture in lightroom. This is not the case for me. what's the deal?

If you're just starting out it can be difficult to know what adjustments to make to your raw files. I started shooting with raw+jpeg and compared my adjustments to the jpeg files. Once I got to the point I thought my adjustments looked better than the jpegs, I started shooting only raw.

Most reactions

Back