RC Airplane Photos. Need advice!

KC10Chief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I fly RC airplane clubs and frequently take pictures of my planes and the other members planes. I'm about the only one I ever see out there with an SLR camera. The club is currently having a photo contest. Everybody that wants to participate has to submit three photos from this year. The winners photo will be used on the club's membership card and they also get free membership for next year! I'm pretty sure I have this in the bag, but I want to show you guys some of my better photos and you guys be the judge. Which three should I submit, and should I do any editing? Feel free to do any editing yourself! I'm not too good at the photo editing after the fact. Also, I have three weeks before I have to submit my photos, so I have the opportunity to take some more shots if you guys have any advice. My camera is the Pentax K20D and I'm using the Pentax 55-300mm lens in all of these shots. Thanks for any advice!

IMGP3050.jpg

IMGP3004.jpg

IMGP2854.jpg

IMGP1925.jpg

IMGP1964.jpg

IMGP1987.jpg

IMGP1974.jpg

IMGP1992.jpg

IMGP1848.jpg

IMGP1858.jpg

I'd like to see you go out again and try for perfection. You have the elements but not the final product.
I'd go for #5 view of plane but with #10 backdrop.
In #5, I like the power portrayed and the angle in which the plane is facing.
#10 has an interesting backdrop but crop it more so no ground is visible. It will give the viewer a lack of reference on size of plane which I'm thinking is a good thing.

As they stand with no reshoot........ I like #8 the best. #9 is also on the top of the shortlist but the background is too fussy. #7 is good but needs a it of cropping so the plane is not so centered.

8 & 10, the backgrounds on the others didn't do anything for me.

Good luck with the contest!

3, 9 and 10, 9 being my favorite. That Beaver is the best looking of the RC's and a closer shot of it would be great.

The Cub in #9 is really good with the great background and the trees to give scale to the model. So I say 9

Thanks for the advice! My personal favorite, photography wise, is #8. But it's such an ugly plane!!! The guy that owns it, built it out of left over parts of other planes that he's wrecked. I am going out again on Sunday. It's supposed to be sunny and hopefully, I can get some better shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back