What's new

Reaching

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
1,291
Reaction score
400
Location
Charleston, SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Reaching.webp
Please critique. Thanks in advance.
 
I like the angle, but there is an imbalance between the size the the big tree and the other ones that make the picture look a little bit awkward.
May be if you were not so close it would help!
 
I like the angle, but there is an imbalance between the size the the big tree and the other ones that make the picture look a little bit awkward.
May be if you were not so close it would help!

Thanks. I didn't post them but I actually took several shots, as I should, but this one turned out with the best composition in my opinion. The ones that I took a few steps back left a huge space with lots of sky which isn't bad but definitely looked empty...
 
I like the idea of this composition, but I think you're almost too straight up and down. I'd like to see a bit more angle on the tree to give it more depth and perspective. Unfortunately the dreaded white sky ruins it for me. Watch the forecast and take this same shot with a dramatic cloud background and it takes on an entirely different emotion. Get a bird, squirrel, a few leafs, etc, in the foreground near the bottom of the tree and you have the ingredients for something stellar. ;)
 
I like the idea of this composition, but I think you're almost too straight up and down. I'd like to see a bit more angle on the tree to give it more depth and perspective. Unfortunately the dreaded white sky ruins it for me. Watch the forecast and take this same shot with a dramatic cloud background and it takes on an entirely different emotion. Get a bird, squirrel, a few leafs, etc, in the foreground near the bottom of the tree and you have the ingredients for something stellar. ;)
Thanks I really appreciate the great feedback. About the sky I try to just get out and take pictures whenever I can and I have a few with very dramatic cloud action. I will post one shortly so you can check that out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom