Reading V Peterborough Speedway Match

FOTO-GRAFFIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fotograffic.fpic.co.uk
Here are some images fom the speedway meeting - shooting at 1600 and even 3200 at times did not make for the best quality but here we go you can judge.

#1 Greg Hancock out of turn 4

ygtq0x.jpg

#2 Janusz Kolodziej challenging for the lead

ygtq0d.jpg

#3 Neil Iversen & Urich Ostergaard get a maximum for the Panthers

ygtq0e.jpg

#4 Matej Zagar going into turn 3

ygtq0i.jpg

There are some more on http://fotograffic.fpic.co.uk/c930597.html

Hope you enjoy

Woodsac
Yes there is an element of truth in that - its not helped by the dust which softens the image even further and the fact that you have to shoot under artificial light as it was dark by the time iit started. I'll be honest I threw more away than I used but those I have used I am pleased with.
Thanks for your coment:thumbup:

For me, these are all stunning.

A bit afraid to ask, but would you mind sharing the cam setting with us? I know nothing about shooting with low shutter speed in bad light conditions. They always turn up very poor..

Great pictures anyway, mate.

Foffen said:
For me, these are all stunning.

A bit afraid to ask, but would you mind sharing the cam setting with us? I know nothing about shooting with low shutter speed in bad light conditions. They always turn up very poor..

Great pictures anyway, mate.

Foffen
Ok the equipment I use is Canon 20 & 1DS MkII - I was using the 70-200mm 2.8 and I set the camera on Apeture priority to keep the setting on 2.8. The light was poor so I set the ISO on 1600 and under-exposed by 2/3rds of a stop. I normally shoot everything digital with a slight under exposure as I used to for slide. I used Image Stabalising in Horizontal mode and panned as best I could. The trick was to find a spot where they are not actually moving across your plain but more toward you so coming out of bends was best. I was at best getting 125th at 2.8 but mostl;y it was down around 80th - all this was hend held. Hope that gives you some insight into the technique I used - thanks for your comments
Love your country by the way - spent some time there many tears ago and fell in love with it - and I believe in trolls.
Regards

Ahhhh so you were the bloke stood next to me that night then :lol: :lol:

Very good Ray, my favorite one is the shot of Janusz Kolodziej. It always makes a better shot when the Riders wear clear visors so you can see their eyes.

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
Foffen
Love your country by the way - spent some time there many tears ago and fell in love with it - and I believe in trolls.
:lol: Great. I love my country as well, and I see trolls every day. Hopefully I will be able to show the world how beautiful it is.

Thank you so much for your technique. I will copy this to my computer, and hopefully I will soon have the chance to give it a go. Thank you again, I really appreciate it! :hail:

Hoppy
Thanks I hope you get better conditions than we got - I feel the flash shots taken on the inside of the track do not really show the racing to its best - by the way - don't gell your hair - put a UV filter over any lens you use and dont take any shots of the start line girls - you'll bugger your sensor - God they are ugly.

Andy
No I was the guy stood the other side of you - the good looking one. Be careful Monday I have told the Mascot to bite you. As for visors - if it were me out there I would have my eyes shut

Foffen
I spent 3 weeks on the Hangsfour Plateau (might have spelt that wrong) in mid winter - fabulous. Glad I could help and good luck. At the end of the day we all find our own styles, techniques and if it works for you then that's great - I await to see some images of Norway.
Regards

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
dont take any shots of the start line girls - you'll bugger your sensor - God they are ugly.

I wouldn't go that far, they may be a nice as the Harlequin Hearts but hey come on

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
As for visors - if it were me out there I would have my eyes shut

Ray if you were on one of those bike NO-ONE would be within a mile of Smallmead :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back