Rebel XTi 18-55mm lens

^vindicator!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just bought a new canon with basic 18-55 lens and the thing will not focus on a more distant object than like 1/2ft, that is about 10 centimeters. Fortunatelly I have found my old wide lens and it miraculously works fine and focuses on everything with this 50 bucks gadget!
Are the lenses bad or what? It should work and take pictures of relatively anythink but getting to to object like a 90 yrs old guy looking for his glasses doesnt sound okay to me.
Thanks for advice

Welcome.

It sounds like maybe you got a bum lens. Just return it and get a new one.

Big Mike said:
Welcome.

It sounds like maybe you got a bum lens. Just return it and get a new one.

:hail:

Sounds like you got a point. Thank you for the warm welcome. Gosh Im upset. well well.
Just curiosity, since I had my thing shipped, what a impact can a lens sustain? And there is a little clatter sound when you shake the camera body. My previous camera did not do this kinda sound.
Again thanks

The clatter in the camera may just be the orientation sensor...it's so the camera knows when it's been turned on it's side.

There are many reasons why a lens could be damaged or maybe it just slipped past quality control at the factory. Contact the retailer you got it from and ask them.

Most reactions

Back