What's new

Recent photos

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
112
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's some recent photos. Hope you like them. All with a Canon 1000FN and a Canon EF 24mm prime lens on Ilford HP5+ 400 ISO.

1

5921227453_64e6f1feab.jpg


2

5921792602_3c8335c15b.jpg


3

5921792950_ab3b7d85f2.jpg


4

5921227539_e67e1eae14.jpg


5

5921227285_1702477b4a.jpg


6

5921792390_7397497a4e.jpg


7

5921226957_e3bfd39c13.jpg
 
If I was shooting film, I'd make sure I was emotionally connected to the images I am capturing. These pics read as someone walking around, looking for something interesting to take a picture of, but not really finding anything. There doesn't seem to be much dynamic range and the blacks reveal very little detail: the flowers in the first pic, the coat in the second, the trees in the third. BW is easier compositionally because you don't have to deal with issues of random colour, especially in a city setting. But you have to make a commitment to exposure, light play and POV to be successful. Keep shooting.
 
Except for #s 5 & 7, they all have too much uninteresting foreground - get closer as you did in 5 & 7, and even those might be better with a little cropping. On #7 I might have tried to get an "aerial" view, which you could do with a lens this wide just by holding the camera out further and cropping later as needed. This would accentuate the symmetry.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom