What's new

Recording Artist Portrait

DanOstergren36 1

"We're all mad here" ... At me?
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
5,310
Reaction score
5,210
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A recording artist portrait I was hired to shoot this week.

Shot using the original Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens attached, set to f/11, 1/160th sec, ISO 100. Lit with a single Neewer C300 flash and softbox.
_MG_8691.webp
 
Simple but effective lighting! The catchlight is so pleasing to look at and once again this photo is so crispy sharp I can't stop looking at it! Love the details!
Did you bounce any light back in to fill in the shadows?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
 
Love this. Very spiritual looking. Did you model this pose and lighting on a painting like some of your others?
 
beautiful light AND textures!
 
Simple but effective lighting! The catchlight is so pleasing to look at and once again this photo is so crispy sharp I can't stop looking at it! Love the details!
Did you bounce any light back in to fill in the shadows?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Thanks! I use a macro lens for a lot of my portraits which really picks up a lot of great detail, and then add some subtle sharpening in post as the last step. The result is a portrait with details that look so crisp you feel like they are almost popping out of the display.

I did use fill; a white foam board from the Dollar Tree with tin foil glued to it. :P
 
Love this. Very spiritual looking. Did you model this pose and lighting on a painting like some of your others?
Thank you.
I didn't necessarily model it specifically after a painting, but I do feel as if it's a style that has become second nature to the way I create portraits.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom