Red Arrows - Northern Ireland International Airshow

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive just got these back from the processors. They were taken at this years Northern Ireland International Airshow in Portrush on 5th/6th September with a Fujica ST605, Fujinon 55mm f/2.2 and Fuji Superia 200. I have to apologise for the image quality, the scans are pretty poor so theres a lot of grain.

Anyway here goes:

Overall I'm quite please with how they came out considering how poor the weather was, especially the last two, it was so overcast and pouring with rain! I just need to save up for a film scanner so I can scan them in a bit better quality.

C&C welcome!

Does nobody like aeroplanes? :(

How close were you? Using a 55mm?

I was on the flightline and shot this with a 300mm. Airshows are tough to shoot. You did a good job!

How close were you? Using a 55mm?

I was on the flightline and shot this with a 300mm. Airshows are tough to shoot. You did a good job!

I was pretty bloody close! It was held in a bay and they came right in and over the crowd, it was a really amazing show!

I thought about using my 135mm to get abit closer but i didnt want to miss shots like 3 and 4 so I just stuck with my 55mm. I did use it later on, along with a 2x teleconverter to get some of the stuff that didnt come in as close like the Dakota and Typhoon, hopefully I'll get them uploaded over the weekend.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the kind feedback :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back