What's new

Red Bird, Horse, Loch Lomond C/C

Chris399

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
68
Reaction score
8
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am still learning and reading quite a bit. So please advise the good, bad, and ugly.

Red Bird in Oak Tree (D90, Nikon 70-300)
Nikon70-30045-56.jpg



Horse Under Tree (D700 Nikon 24-70)
_DSC2745.jpg



Loch Lomond (D90 Tokina 11-16)
DSC_0695.jpg


I see the following in each shot but need help in how to fix - Would like to get it right in the camera the first time.

Red Bird - very hard to distinguish between the red of the feathers and the orange of the beak.

Horse - Quite a bit of the green is reflected in the Horses white hide

Loch Lomond - very overcast day and flat light. Not a lot of depth to the photo.

All comments welcome and thanks for the help.

Chris
 
Love the perspectives, good composition. Number 2 has some blown out highlights that are a little distracting, but with the dark shadow under the tree it's unavoidable without HDR.
 
Love the perspectives, good composition. Number 2 has some blown out highlights that are a little distracting, but with the dark shadow under the tree it's unavoidable without HDR.
I agree with the above and suggest a B&W conversion for #2 (I'd do it myself, but your profile says you don't allow edits of your images.)
 
Bourke - Thanks for the reply - as you can problavy tell the blown out portion was were the sun was coming through the tree. I really don't do any post processing other than light sharpening and cropping so HDR is really out of my current scope.

Invisible - as above really don;t do too much processing - Please post a B/W would love to see one that is done well.

Any suggestions on how, in the camera, I could have imporved these shots?

Thanks for the feedback.

Chris
 
Invisible - as above really don;t do too much processing - Please post a B/W would love to see one that is done well.
That's too much pressure :)

Here's two different B&W edits, both very quick jobs.

_DSC2745_2.jpg


_DSC2745_1.jpg



While the background is still overexposed, I think B&W can be more forgiving than colour.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom