Red Breasted Merganser

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this merganser diving for fish so I tried to capture some of the action. I did that but I blew out some of the whites in the 2nd pic. Oh well, it is just a pic after all. I won't lose any sleep over it. :star:

12312055-studio.jpg

12312056-studio.jpg

Here in the UK we have similar birds called Goosanders....

Very nice shots!

I've successfully cloned out blown out spots before, don't know if it would work here or not. It's an image worth saving!

Very nice shots!

I've successfully cloned out blown out spots before, don't know if it would work here or not. It's an image worth saving!
I've never heard of anyone doing that with blown whites so it never occured to me to try it but I did and it worked like a charm. I owe you one, Mitch, thank you very much! :wink-6:
Here it is, cloned. I used the healing brush in Topaz 2 and was able to bring the white back up where it should've been without any trouble. Awesome!

12312056-studio-5.jpg

I've never heard of anyone doing that with blown whites so it never occured to me to try it but I did and it worked like a charm. I owe you one, Mitch, thank you very much! :wink-6:
Here it is, cloned. I used the healing brush in Topaz 2 and was able to bring the white back up where it should've been without any trouble. Awesome!
Yay! I even had to go back to the original image to see where you fixed it!

Most reactions

Back