Red Door

willard3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
NY farm country.

crop2577.jpg

You like this better? It's been smoothed.

I thought some comment on the composition, subject or color would be in order, but gratuitous replies seem to be more the style here.

reddoor.jpg

I like the colors. As symmetry seems strong element in the photo, why not position the camera more exactly on plane with the door. The door is nice, but my attention is drawn to the modern hasp and knob, which sort of kill the ambiguity of the time factor. It perhaps could be a couple of stops down from this exposure, IMO.

Unfortunately the heavy noise reduction has "smudged" the image, and created some nasty looking artifacts. Personally I would give up on trying to recover this, and take from it a valuable lesson on the usability of high ISO shots.

As for the rest; the subject is relatively bland. Doors can be inspiring subjects but there is nothing particularly unique about this one.
Composition is a little poor, as the door is not centred, yet it is obviously a centred composition that you were aiming for. It makes the shot feel somewhat uncomfortable (like a wonky horizon does..)

Just my 2 cents, all meant constructively. Keep shooting :)

I certainly love the bright colours!

It says "NY Farm Country"...was this a church though?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back