What's new

Red Earth

shufti

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
182
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sony NEX, Zeis Ikon Novar 3.5/45 (unknown aperture)

5634779175_0e82ef78d5_z.jpg


All sizes | DSC03779 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
 
:) cheers mate!
 
I look at this and I so want to turn it into a minimalist shot. I want to remove the smaller trees and just leave the one big one. I would also crop part of the sky.....lol
But that might have nothing to do w/ what your vision for this shot was.....:hug::

In line... by ~MartaC on deviantART
 
Try it if you like. Use the big jpg via the link... or i can zip you the ARW
 
I might run up another edit of this too, for something to do.
 
Last edited:
I look at this and I so want to turn it into a minimalist shot. I want to remove the smaller trees and just leave the one big one. I would also crop part of the sky.....lol
But that might have nothing to do w/ what your vision for this shot was.....:hug::

In line... by ~MartaC on deviantART

I agree completely, but how do you know that that was the biggest tree, it might be closer than the one to the right of it and therefore actually smaller. :D

But I do agree, first that it is a fantastic image and secondly that it could be made more pictorial with a bit of manipulation.

We have a lot of this colour earth in the South Hams around the Torbay area. Hmm must have a look at what's available next time I pop up to Mifsuds!;)
 
Thanks guys. I think it's two different exposures gleened from the same raw image then stacked one over the other in GIMP (screen? addition? hue?.. i forget). It's color enhanced..we're looking at somekind of London Clay here that's had a red mask blended over it.

I'll zip the raw, put that up on a server. Be interesting if anyone wants to edit it from scratch. Post the zip file link here sometime soon.
 
I want to say tone down the saturation but .. I like it alot as is.
 
Have a crack at editing it Mike. I'll make the raw available here asap.
 
BTW, sorry about the slight light-leak, bottom-left (improvised mount must have shifted. The lens is salvaged from a broken Contina 1B)
 
Awesome piece. I love how the red earth merges with the sky from the horizon. And it is aptly titled. Keep on posting!
 
I like that a lot. Very cool edit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom