Red Kite in the wild

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I get bored of plain blue sky bird in flight shots, probably because thats what most of the ones I take seem to be...my best wild red kites have been from a hill side with a view of fields behind them but I kinda liked the blur to the wings in this though.
_RP02230.jpg

D2x, Nikon 200-400 VR

very nice

Red Kites are the only bird of prey I've ever taken wild shots of, friend of mine has a couple of hides I use and he has a pair of Reds that often come down in the field next to the hides. One of these days I get a few shots of one playing 'tag' with one of the rabbits. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Cheers mate :)

Its very unusual for Red Kites to eat something thats alive as they are carrion eaters. You sure its not a Buzzard thats trying to catch the rabbits? Either way that would make for a superb image!!

your right, he has just confirmed by email, its Buzzards that play tag and the kites tend to sit in the tree above the hides, no doubt laughing at the fact you can't get a good shot of them

lmao, they have a habbit of laughing at us! I almost got a brilliant shot of one a few weeks back but EVERYTHING was against me. I'll dig it out once I'm not at work and show you.

Buzzard catching a rabbit would be such an amazing picture. I'm jealous you have the potential for it!!

Most reactions

Back