redneck modeling C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Removed photos due to people getting offended, sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Last edited:
As parody I find this very amusing. "Redneck modeling" - lmao.

#1: Nice exposure, DOF, etc., but I love the composition and the weight of this photo! Such torrid sexual tension and that burning question of her age - You ask yourself, how old is she, 13 or 30? This smolders in a wonderfully awkward way. Wow. It's a winner.

#2: Campy. That tilted horizon and the harsh flash make the parody work. "Oh look, ...my jeans are all torn." Otherwise, it's just a raunchy snapshot, right? You don't want to "fix" this. I love it.

#3, #4, #5: These take themselves too seriously. I don't feel as much humour and sarcasm as in the others.

Hmmmm... I feel compelled to ask how old the model is. She looks a bit young.

Three is probably the best of the set, but if I can be perfectly honest with you, these are not your best work.

1- up the nose shots are almost never flattering. Well, never, unless it's a diagram of inside the human nose ;)
2- the tilt doesn't work here, it seems like the fence is competing with the model for the spotlight
3- has the most potential of the entire set. I'd like to see more of their faces, a reflector could have helped illuminate
4- really not trying to be a jackass, so I'll just say it looks like she just finished giving... ahem, special kisses, and got caught
5- stiff pose, flat light, tilted horizon (or unlevel building :)

I get what you were going for, I think; the laid back, country summer "fashion." Like a Kenny Chesney music video. The biggest limiting factor, to me, is the usage of light. With so much blatant sex appeal, a softer "dreamier" light would have toned it back.

In 1 and 3 the bright background pulls my attention.
I agree with the others comments.

In 3 & 5, the real center of interest, their faces and the relationship is the darkest spot in the frame and everything else pulls attention away.

I looked at the originals of all of these on Flickr and there is not one sharp shot.
They look ok at the small size but would look blurry any larger or printed.
Something is going on with your technique or your camera.

Oh, I shot these RAW

You should never shoot without wearing clothing, it looks unprofessional.

I must admit that I made this post before looking at your avatar picture.
I would be pleased and happy, if you did decide to ignore my advice and shoot raw, to be second shooter for your jobs.

Oh, I shot these RAW

You should never shoot without wearing clothing, it looks unprofessional.

I must admit that I made this post before looking at your avatar picture.
I would be pleased and happy, if you did decide to ignore my advice and shoot raw, to be second shooter for your jobs.

LOL, you are cracking me up. Funny, the photo you said children of the damned, my friend ordered a 16x20 of it. Her kid, she loved it. The print looked better than on screen IMO. I so shoot RAW, can probably sharpen up a bit :)

I totally agree some flash fill would have helped. On #2, it was getting dark....speedlite....

I like them overall. The lighting is a bit harsh on #2 and the guys outfit on #3 really bugs me. No self respecting redneck would step out of their house dressed like that, at least not 'round these parts. The clothing in #4 and #5 look more like what young folks around here would wear.

The model is like 12 years old (exaggeration, but everyone's thinking something similar) which really kills this for me. It really does create tension, and makes this feel like "let's take my kid cousin in the backyard and do a photoshoot" feel vs. creating a successful professional set that tells a story. Besides, the moral side being I'm sure her parents don't want her in provocative poses on a public forum.

As an overall comment on the set, backgrounds could all be improved.

Find a background you want to shoot against FIRST, then decide where the models fit in.

Last edited:
I just have to say what I think and not worry about what others think. I think the model looks a bit too young for these types of shots. I don't like that type of exposure (no pun intended) for younger kids. It just makes me uneasy, maybe because I have 2 young daughters and I don't even want to go there.

From a technical standpoint, I think they are fine. You got some good feedback above. If you were trying to make people think, you have succeeded, but for me, I find myself looking away for personal reasons.

The model is like 12 years old which really kills this for me.

Agreed, and IF she's really just 12, then that guy needs to get his paws off of her. I'd put her around 14 or 15 best guess. I'm probably way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back