reduce camera shake for $1

Or you can buy a Sony and have it built in the camera. but that is a neat idea !!! I'll have 2 try it! good post!:thumbup:

Gives rise to an interesting question - Something like a sony, or in my case, the K10D - Will this give an advantage over in-body stabilisation? My logic is saying yes, this will help, and stack with the in-body to make it even more steady...

Opinions?

Its not a cure for improper technique, but it will help some.

Well I found that interesting and I'll try it. A technique I was brought up with which I see remarkably few people using is to put the camera strap behind your head and pull the right end so that it is taut all the way to the strap fastening on the left side of the camera. Hold the strap tightly in your right hand and operate the camera normally. It's pressed hard against your face and the inertia of your head greatly dampens small movements.

No good if you're using a digital camera and need to view via the LCD screen. No good if you only have a wrist strap. But otherwise works well.

I used to take sharp handheld photos using a 70-210mm zoom at its longest, long before the days of image stabilisation. Now I have a state-of-the-art camera with image stabilised lenses I regularly take handheld photos at 400mm in dim light. I have a tripod and take it if I'm going out intending to take photos that'll need it. Otherwise it's just too damned heavy and inconvenient.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back