Reef Wall, Kona, Hawai'i

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
p365597861-4.jpg

I don't want to bump anyone, but I think if I also had money for a waterproof camera case, scuba equipment and a ticket to Hawai, then my photos wouldn't much differ from this. JMO

I don't want to bump anyone, but I think if I also had money for a waterproof camera case, scuba equipment and a ticket to Hawai, then my photos wouldn't much differ from this. JMO

There is a WEE bit more to taking underwater photos than owning the equipment.

For example, this shot was taken at about 40 feet below sea level, both current and surge... you not only have to compose the picture, but you have to hold yourself steady (buoyancy must be rock solid), near the coral without actually ever touching it (touching coral is a BIG no-no), monitor your air consumption, keep track of your buddy and the rest of your dive group, keep track of your location (knowing where the boat is comes in kind of handy), monitor your no-decompression limit and... oh yeah... while you are at it compose and shoot the pictures.

The trick of taking good underwater pictures isn't being a good photographer, it is being a good diver.

The equipment doesn't much matter (this photo was taken with a simple, inexpensive point & shoot).

Beautiful shot!!! Last year I used one of the disposable camera while snorkling. They can produce some amazing shots. I am amazed by the light your getting at this depth. Do you have any more to share of this dive trip?

I am gobsmacked that a disposable camera, at 40 feet, managed this kind of colour! Wow!

It was interesting to read of all that goes into taking the pic. I haven't gone diving very much, but know it's tough to stay 'absolutely still' in order to take a pic. Well done, Sabbath999! Keep these shots coming!

It is one of these (although I was shooting in "sea" mode and the flashes were not on for this picture).

Sealife DC1000 Maxx

There is a WEE bit more to taking underwater photos than owning the equipment.

For example, this shot was taken at about 40 feet below sea level, both current and surge... you not only have to compose the picture, but you have to hold yourself steady (buoyancy must be rock solid), near the coral without actually ever touching it (touching coral is a BIG no-no), monitor your air consumption, keep track of your buddy and the rest of your dive group, keep track of your location (knowing where the boat is comes in kind of handy), monitor your no-decompression limit and... oh yeah... while you are at it compose and shoot the pictures.

The trick of taking good underwater pictures isn't being a good photographer, it is being a good diver.

The equipment doesn't much matter (this photo was taken with a simple, inexpensive point & shoot).

I'm sorry, I guess that was a bit rude. :confused:

Most reactions

Back