No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
DSC_7920.jpg

cbarnard7

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice lights, John. Did you shoot this handheld?

Here's the exif:
Nikon D750
Lens: 15-30 mm f/2.8
Shot at 15 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, 1/15 sec, f/2.8, ISO 11400
Flash: Off, Did not fire

May I ask why you shot at 1/15 and use ISO 11400? There's a lot of noise.

Ideally, you'd want to turn down the ISO way, way down. You could've used something like 400 with significantly better image quality. With that, you could've used a much slower shutter speed (20-30 seconds) and smoothed out the water and intensified the lights. If you did not have a proper tripod, you could use a rock or ledge or something. I would love to see a reshoot of this area using these methods!

OP
John Hunt

John Hunt

Reaction score
Nice lights, John. Did you shoot this handheld?

Here's the exif:
Nikon D750
Lens: 15-30 mm f/2.8
Shot at 15 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, 1/15 sec, f/2.8, ISO 11400
Flash: Off, Did not fire

May I ask why you shot at 1/15 and use ISO 11400? There's a lot of noise.

Ideally, you'd want to turn down the ISO way, way down. You could've used something like 400 with significantly better image quality. With that, you could've used a much slower shutter speed (20-30 seconds) and smoothed out the water and intensified the lights. If you did not have a proper tripod, you could use a rock or ledge or something. I would love to see a reshoot of this area using these methods!

Yes this was shot handheld.
Thank for your suggestion and I understand how to use a tripod I just really hate using them and enjoy the fact that I can shoot in the middle of the night with out one. If I was trying for something I could print posters from I would have used a tripod.

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love the colors. I would crop some of the sky or at least see if it adds any dynamic to the image. I am no expert, just thought I would throw that out there. Wow, hand held...amazing. I can't even be steady in good light.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions