Reflex Lenses

ADavis85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have any experience with RF lenses for Sony DSLR's? I'd be interested to see how well the old Minolta Rokkor RF 800 and 1600mm lenses would perform on Sony's Alpha series...or even with my X-700.

Now, I guess since the old Rokkor lenses were made for the SR mount in the early 80's, an adapter would be necessary to use them with the A-mount on the Alphas. I also assume that adapter is available, since I have seen a picture/mini-review of someone who was able to mount the Rokkor 1600mm to a Sony NEX.

Sony Alpha NEX Cameras and E Mount Lenses: Sony NEX-5 with Minolta MD 1600mm RF Lens

They should work, but don't expect tack sharp photos if your a pixel peeper. Have a look at dyxum for image samples. They may have some there.

Unfortunatly the old mf mount minolta lenses will not work on sony af bodies without an adaptor with glass in that changes the focal length and degrades image quality. All the af minolta lenses work on sony a-mount (af) bodies including the 500mm af reflex that can be had pretty cheaply and unusually for a reflex lens can auto focus.

There are adaptors for minolta mf and af for nex bodies. The sony adaptor (quite expensive) will also allow auto focus with sony and minolta a-mount lenses and a cheap glassless adaptor will allow old mf mount minolta lenses to function on the nex bodies without changing the focal length or degrading image quality, allbeit without auto focus of course.

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back