What's new

Remembrance Day 2009, Montreal

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
286
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Again this year I went to our local Remembrance Day memorial.

One of the first posts I did on TPF was with my 2008 Remembrance Day photos. I'm somewhat amazed at how far I have come in my photos in one year's time.

Here is the old thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-c-welcome-remembrance-day-nov-11-2008-a.html

And here are the images from today. I hope you all took a moment of silence to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom.

1. The pippers pipes
4097239234_fc121d68d2_o.jpg


2. Veteran walking
4097239116_c152175a16_o.jpg


3. Tuba's reflection (I just find this one funny)
4095785909_ba064ba5f9_o.jpg


4. The maple leaf
4096545692_bd1acc00a4_o.jpg


5. Justin Trudeau paying his respects (the son of ex-Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau)
4095784489_493faabf36_o.jpg


6. The mayor of Montreal getting ready to lay a wreath
4095783749_d12a9d5fc6_o.jpg


7. I know, I cut her hat and pompom :( . I still like the image
4095783603_aa4bd3f81a_o.jpg


8. The crowd gathered on the McGill University campus
4095782687_d6538cebbd_o.jpg


9. Laying a wreath
4095789053_269deb10f4_o.jpg



About another 10-15 on my flickr, I won't post them here.
Thanks for looking :)
 
great pictures!

i was at the ceremony here in kamloops but wasn't really wanting to go squeezing through the ranks etc to get close for the shots. :er:

had to deal with being behind the crowd barrier with my 55-250.
 
Pretty cool feeling isn't it Twinky on how you can improve from learning, and practicing. These are great! Now guess what man, you can only get better then these next year!
 
I was in the media area, so I was able to capture closer shots which was fun. No pass, no nothing, just act like one of them and its all good :)

Thanks for checking it out guys :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom