Remnant from the past

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought this stump looked forlorn, yet noble by still trying to cast some kind of shadow on the sandy terrain near the (current) terminus of Medano Creek. Great Sand Dunes National Park.

Panasonic Lumix FZ5
Focal length: 6.0mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
Exposure time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
Aperture: f/3.6
ISO equiv.: 80
Manfrotto 676B monopod

Dunesstump.jpg

its beautiful. I'm not sure if you'd want to toy with it in PS, but i'd like to see slightly more green pop out of the trees in the background.

This is a very interesting shot. Aside from the over-sharpness, which make the eye strain a little, especially around the stump's peaks, it's very pleasing. To be fussy, I'd probably have had another go a bit lower, to shorten the deserty bit, but otherwise the composition is great.

Rob

Thanks for the replies. Please forgive the oversharpening. On my old monitor it looks fine.....I wanted to make sure the detail in the sand and the stump was pronounced.

Rob said:
This is a very interesting shot. Aside from the over-sharpness, which make the eye strain a little, especially around the stump's peaks, it's very pleasing. To be fussy, I'd probably have had another go a bit lower, to shorten the deserty bit, but otherwise the composition is great.

Rob
I have to agree with that. I'd also shift to the right so that the stump wasn't right under the green and interesting peaks. I'd put it to the left, under the dunes, maybe with the tip sticking up into them a touch. I think it would feel more balanced that way.

You picked out some interesting material to work with. Good eye.

Most reactions

Back