remote switch length issue

anything you synth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i want to buy a remote switch for my xsi, but from what i've seen they are typically 3 feet long. i want to do self portraits from 15-20 feet away, is there some kind of extension cable i can buy?

also, if anyone feels like making a tripod recommendation for a tight budget feel free.

i want to buy a remote switch for my xsi, but from what i've seen they are typically 3 feet long. i want to do self portraits from 15-20 feet away, is there some kind of extension cable i can buy?
Get a wireless remote. Canon makes two that will work with the Digital Rebel DSLRs. This one and this one.
also, if anyone feels like making a tripod recommendation for a tight budget feel free.
How tight a budget?

For about $50, there's [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dolica-AX620B100-62-Inch-Proline-Tripod/dp/B001D60LG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243612120&sr=8-1"]this[/ame] tripod. I have it, and it has some cheap construction, but for $50, it has a lot of features of more expensive tripods, such as a ball head, and independently movable legs. I have it and have not had any big issues. The ball head can be sometimes difficult to tighten, but if you're on a budget and want a full featured tripod, you can't do much better, I don't think.

As for the remote, the canon wireless remote (RC-1) I believe is about $20. I have it, and I use it all the time for different applications.

For about $50, there's this tripod.

I have it too and while it's a bit light in construction, it's still pretty solid (only like 3lbs). The ball head is a plus too on a tripod this price. I haven't had any tightening issues with it but I've only had it for a couple of weeks. Worth the $50 if you're not terribly hard on your stuff.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the wireless remote work from behind the camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back