Rental Confusion

Meekminx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband and I need to relocate, and we were interested in how to find homes, specifically townhouses, with a rent to own option. We would also be interested in just renting a townhouse, if it means we can have a fenced in yard.

I've searched craigslist (and continue to wad through it to find that diamond in the rough), apartment/rent dot coms websites.

For rent to own, should I bother a realtor?

We want to stay in Baltimore County. Owings Mills, Cockeysville, Hunt Valley...anything above 695 really.

Budget: $1300 and below, depending on utilities included/place

Looking for: 3-4 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom, fenced in backyard/option to fence, townhouse/single family home for rent/rent to own.

Where should we go, TPF?

DISCLAIMER- Before the legal side of things takes over the thread, I would just like to add that I do have a "renters agreement" contract written up just in case it's needed, as well as a letter to my prospective landlord. Think of the cover letter to a resume, and that's what it is. Everyone will want to rent to us after reading my letter! Will repost if there is interest.

I appreciate the boredom!

Rent to own was being tossed in the air, but we've never rented from not a company before, so I'm a bit stressed.

To the one you listed, I visit a dog in one of those homes! They're lovely!

lol Are you asking us to find you a house? :sexywink:

I think so....:)

No No No...

Mostly I wanted more places to search.If you knew a good place to go to beside's craigslist, rent dot com, and such.

I'm experienced in finding anything more than apartments, so I'm sure of who to ask. In my mind, only adults have these things! :)

Off topic: is Baltimore really that affordable as far as rent goes?

Yes. There a very few "nice" neighborhoods in the city now a days. The suburbs above Baltimore are cheaper than below Baltimore because the areas below Baltimore are also the suburbs of Washington DC.

^ What she said

I'm not a city girl... I miss my woods, my fields, and my stars! If I could just convince my husband to give up computer programming! Then we could live anywhere! Alas, I'm stuck to living on the outskirts of cities, so he can work. Bleh.

Thank you for the help!

This is all very stressful, so being able to just write down what I need to find helped me a lot. I have 3 showings scheduled for tomorrow and Friday! Now I'm writing down all the questions I want answered about the places!

My husband is a programmer for a company in Portland Oregon and works from home here in New Jersey. So there are programming jobs out there where all you need is a computer and internet access.

Hi, did you ever find a rent-to-own home in Baltimore? If not, my wife, Shannon and I have a rent-to-own company in Baltimore and can certainly help answer any questions that you may have. However, I'm sure by now, you have already found something, but if not, our website is Buy Baltimore Properties | Rent To Own in Baltimore Maryland and we have a frequently asked questions (FAQs) link and will be glad to help you transition here. Thanks, Keith

Most reactions

New Topics

Back