Replies question

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I reply to someone who has responded to a question I asked does it go just to them or to everyone who has responded in the thread?

I must ask the question, why ?

I guess it was a backhand way of asking what the etiquette is for replying to people who have responded to a post. Do I thank each individually? And what is the best way to do that? Or, is a group thank you ok. More than likely I'm overthinking this.

I must ask the question, why ?

I guess it was a backhand way of asking what the etiquette is for replying to people who have responded to a post. Do I thank each individually? And what is the best way to do that? Or, is a group thank you ok. More than likely I'm overthinking this.
Well, you may be over thinking it, but it sounds like your heart is in the right place. :)

As was explained, if you get replies to an open thread, it's viewed by anyone who cares to look. Your own interpretation of the reply can guide you as to how you want to acknowledge the poster. You can thank folks, which is always welcomed. You can also use the "Like" button instead, which can save time while still letting the poster know you read the reply.

Don't worry about it too much. All we ask from our members is basic civility. :)

Keep posting and enjoy the forum.

I might do both, but if I thank individuals, I will usually group them into a single post, as opposed to several posts saying the same thing. I'll use the multiple quote feature, if needed.

Most reactions

Back