Replies to threads and posts

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think a good idea would to have a section on our homepage that let us know if someone has replied to our threads as well as posts that we've written in reply to someone else. If we want to know if someone replied to a post, we need to find that post and scroll through the conversations to see if anyone has replied to us. Would there be a way to include a "New reply to thread" or "New reply to post" update section on our homepage?

Right above your post here, you will see a drop down box labeled "Thread Tools". In there you see "Subscribe to this thread." You can subscribe to the thread and select a few options including email notifications. You would then recieve a, well, an email notification of course when someone responded to your thread.

You can also see all subscriptions in the User Control Panel.

On the subscription thing, most forums are default that every thread you post in you are subscribed to. It's a pain and I end up looking at the list a few months into a new forum and find that I have hundreds of subscribed threads that I have to delete. You can change that option and then only subscribe to what you want by what I outlined above.

Thread subscriptions are pretty cool. Any time I see a post process explaination that I like, I subscribe. The thread can get burried for years and years and it's always easily accessible through my subscribed to threads.

Most reactions

Back