What's new

repost

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
someone suggested a different perspective on this. I figured I would try to get by with a crop and edit. so here it is.

View attachment 69734
 
Not having seen the original I cannot say if this is an improvement or not. It's best to post your edited image in the same thread you posted the original.

You have placed the subject (the small water fall) dead center in the image which makes for a boring composition.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
1.View attachment 69735


2.View attachment 69736

3.View attachment 69737


okay. grrrr. three shots. (I took these walking over a old train trestle bridge river goes underneath). different perspectives. which one. The top one I cropped. The original, asked for a different perspective. so that is three photos. same thing. me zooming in as I walked across the bridge.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
#2 is good.
what makes 2 better than 1,3, the crop I started the thread with or the original one that was shot down for lack of perspective (slightly bigger crop)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
seriously. I been walking this river for years, have a lot of photos of it. They are all pretty much looking just alike to me at this point...
 
..what makes 2 better than 1,3,

The snow-covered slope on the left has created a leading line down toward the creek.
The surface of the water is tinted with the color of the sunset.
The creek banks create another set of leading lines into the picture.
There is a dark tree trunk on the left and it is repeated on the right.
The mass of trees on the left balance the mass of the creek.
The combination of surfaces and textures (snow, then water, then trees, and finally sky) generate interest by alternating bands of color and texture from the bottom to the top.
(very subtle) the colors of the water (orangish) and the sky (bluish) are complementary.
The overall composition is very well balanced L-R, and top-to-bottom.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
..what makes 2 better than 1,3,

The snow-covered slope on the left has created a leading line down toward the creek.
The surface of the water is tinted with the color of the sunset.
The creek banks create another set of leading lines into the picture.
There is a dark tree trunk on the left and it is repeated on the right.
The mass of trees on the left balance the mass of the creek.
The combination of surfaces and textures (snow, then water, then trees, and finally sky) generate interest by alternating bands of color and texture from the bottom to the top.
(very subtle) the colors of the water (orangish) and the sky (bluish) are complementary.
The overall composition is very well balanced L-R, and top-to-bottom.
Thankyou. I didn't see any of that. just what I always see looking at it. Guess I need to learn to know what im looking for in my own work. I actually thought that wasn't a very good photo until I read you list.
 
I almost never see everything in a photograph until I look later. That is why I take lots of photographs of something, and then when I'm at home in the quiet, I can look them over carefully and $**t-can the crappy ones and keep the half-way decent ones.
 
I almost never see everything in a photograph until I look later. That is why I take lots of photographs of something, and then when I'm at home in the quiet, I can look them over carefully and $**t-can the crappy ones and keep the half-way decent ones.
I had #2 in the **** can pile. cropped out the original post one as a maybe (it was cc'd negatively here so tossed it). cropped a new one. I was planning on tossing the rest, or all of them. including #2. And I looked when I got home. hmmmmm. Seems I haven't established a eye for this..

I wonder if im **** canning too many of my good ones and thinking my not so good ones are good....LOL.
 
Don't worry about it. Eventually you will be able to see the good ones. It takes time. And practice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom