What's new

Return for Refund

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$return for refund.webp
 
I like your idea here, but I'm kinda disappointed that the one bottle my eye goes automatically to is the one whose neck has been chopped.
 
If it is the one I think you are referring to, it is an easy fix. The neck is not chopped perse, rather the light is hitting it differently. Are you referring to the one about the 4th row down, near dead center?
 
If it is the one I think you are referring to, it is an easy fix. The neck is not chopped perse, rather the light is hitting it differently. Are you referring to the one about the 4th row down, near dead center?
No, the one hit by the most light, at the top.
 
Does this fix the problem?

$return for refund2.webp
 
Not for me. My eye enters the frame near the bottom right, and then it's immediately directed to the brightest bottle, at the top. The neck is cut, which kinda kills it for me...

(Sorry that the arrow is black... I didn't know how to change the colour in Photoshop.)

$return for refund.webp
 
Last edited:
Change the color by clicking on the top box at the bottom of the tool bar. It will either be black or white. Double clicking it will take you through the entire gamut of color photoshop offers.

I will await other comments before redirecting to your comment other than to say I think in either edit, the image works the eye correctly and deliberately. :wink:
 
I'm with invisible on this. I can't see anything else in this image even remotely worth looking at. That chopped bottle is the only thing that draws my attention at all.
 
Well...I see!

Okay, it's not the best thing I've ever shot...and hopefully the worst. It was one of my first efforts when I first got the D7000. I didn't have much of anything set up correctly in the camera and somehow, in my dinking about with the settings managed to put this in the -2 EV which pretty much screwed the pooch. The presented images was made to see how much I could salvage from total crap...back to the drawing board...:wink:
 
I have a doubt; are these bottle reused after sterilization or recycled? if they are recycled, i think there will be nominal refund for that too...
Invis, is that a crack line you mention? i yet could not see a chopped neck there :scratching:
 
The original intent of the shot was all about light and pattern. I intended to use it to teach my students about pattern and repetition. Once an art teacher, every tool you can muster, you use. I think Pan Blue's crop suggestion is a good one but I did a 4:3 and resized it down a bit to eliminate some of the other issues. It's not a good shot but even so, I still find myself trying to make it better.

$return for refund 4x3.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom