What's new

Reverse Tilt Train (Fake Model Image)

Ed Bray

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
8
Location
Plymouth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As my first image on the forum, I have posted one of my currant favourites.

This image was taken on a bridge at Normandy Hill, Plymouth over the Tamar Valley Branch Line (Plymouth to Gunnislake) with a Canon 5DMk2 with Carl Zeiss 80mm CB Planar @ f2.8 on a Mirex tilt/shift adapter set to 11 degrees of reverse tilt.

Next time I do this image I shall use f4 as I feel there is not as much DOF as I would have liked with f2.8. This will have to wait for another day as there is only one train every 2 hours on this line.

TiltShiftTraincrop2.jpg
 
It really does look llike a model! :) I didn't now about tilt/shift adapters. Thanks for posting. I shall research Mirex.
 
If you have some Non-Electronic Medium format lenses then the Mirex is a versatile option for tilt/shift.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom