What's new

Revisiting an old statue.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
800
Reaction score
1
Location
pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had taken a "low key" night shot of this same statue years ago and decided to revisit and take a "high key" shot using the sun as a back light behind the subject. The shot was way too over exposed. Rather than deleting and re-shooting, I sort of rolled with it and converted to black and white. Turned out pretty neat, but I wanted to get your opinions. My friend told me it was boring and over-processed, although all I did was desaturate and bumped up the exposure a bit. Let me know what you folks think. :thumbup:

4444223043_e951effa07.jpg
 
Well black and white looks really nice i this this way its creating spirtual effects, i just love it as it
 
I think it looks great in black and white! And the angle is nice, as opposed to the standard "head on" shot of the crucifix. It looks as though it was taken directly from the point of view of the disciple whose gaze is turned towards the corpus, which really draws the viewer into the shot. Nice job! :)
 
Well black and white looks really nice i this this way its creating spirtual effects, i just love it as it

I think it looks great in black and white! And the angle is nice, as opposed to the standard "head on" shot of the crucifix. It looks as though it was taken directly from the point of view of the disciple whose gaze is turned towards the corpus, which really draws the viewer into the shot. Nice job! :)

Thanks folks!
 
I like it as is.
When I first saw it, I thought it was a light tent shot though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom