Rhododendron flowers

Dallmeyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
deleted.

Last edited:
nice shot! I never know what kind of flowers I'm snapping away at ... are these the same thing?

IMG_8036_2.jpg

Could be, i'm no expert on these. My Rhododendron bush appears to have different flowers from the wikipedia picture, but i am told by someone that it is a rhododendron. I did have to lower saturation a little. We need an expert to decide for us!

There are a lot of Rhodys out there. #1 is definitely a rhododendron. #2 looks a Japanese Azalea (azaleas are part of the rhododendron genus, so you weren't far off!!). I really like that shot, the 2nd one.

For the first shot, I just feel there is too much going on in the shot. I mean you have a decent amount of contrast (like colors), a busy background, and two flowers that lineup up fairly well on the focal plane. Which one is the subject? If it is the stamens that are the subject, then I would isolate one flower, then bring it in tighter to make them large and in charge.

So this is what 31 years of experience got you? That's a long time to hone in your creative eye; I would of course only expect spectacular results from someone with that kind of time under their belt.

Speaking of eyes, how long have you been blind? Was it the full 31, or did it develop somewhere along the way?

Nice, delete your failure of a post.

It's ok, I'll remember your SN.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back